—Victoria Fenwick, Prevent a Litter (PAL)
Prevent A Litter Veterinary Hospital (P.A.L.) would like to announce:
What is Beat The Heat? P.A.L., a non-profit spay/neuter clinic, will spay and neuter 40 shelter pups & kittens. By performing pediatric spay/neuters we will effectively “beat the heat” cycles of these animals, thereby preventing unwanted litters. We will also be inviting rescue organizations to host adoption stands set up throughout Carytown.
How does Beat The Heat help our community?
- Spay/Neuter – Prevents unwanted litters, reducing the number of animals that end up in local shelters.
- Adoption – The benefits an animal provides its human guardian are almost incalculable, but to name a few: provides companionship & unconditional love, reduces stress levels, encourages exercise, and helps with depression.
- Education & Awareness – At our clinic and at every adoption stand, P.A.L. volunteers will have displays aimed at educating our community about the benefits of spay/neuter, animal welfare resources available in our community, and information about the need for adopting animals.
- Tax Dollars – The City of Richmond allocates about $4,500 of taxpayer’s money each day to support Richmond Animal Care & Control in their efforts to manage the problem of stray animals. This event will help place animals in permanent homes, prevent unwanted litters, and educate others about spay/neutering animals they already have, thus reducing the burden on our animal control facility.
- Partnership – Partnering with local business to sponsor this event reminds Richmonders that their businesses care about their well-being & the needs of homeless animals.
Contact PAL at (804) 359-MEOW for more information.
BARK Back Richmond
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to our feed.