Breed: Labrador mix
Rescue: Richmond Animal League
11401 International Drive
Richmond, VA 23236
Tulip is among the volunteer favorites at the Richmond Animal League. She greets visitors to the adoption center with full body wags and a friendly labrador smile. No house-breaking or destructive chewing with this mature pup – at 8 years old, Tulip has all of the playfulness of a puppy with none of the puppy headaches.
Tips for Tulip Lovers:
1. Tulips Love Full Sun. Thanks to Canine Adventure, Tulip really got a chance to shine and enjoy her day at Pony Pasture. She romped in the sun and splashed in river during her Adventure Walk.
2. Tulips Are Beautiful Yet Hardy. Tulips flourish almost everywhere, from China, to South Africa, to Holland. Tulip the dog is similarly adaptable. Soft bed? Two square meals? A family to love? Sounds like a perfect fit!
4. Tulips Are Prized For Their Velvety Petals. Speaking from personal experience, Tulip has some of the softest ears I’ve ever had the pleasure the stroke.
3. Choose Nice, Fat Bulbs. When Tulip arrived at RAL, she was a tad overweight. She was pleasantly plump. Had some junk in her trunk. But thanks to a healthy diet and lots of walks with volunteers, she’s slimmed down and gets around like a dog half her age. The black coat doesn’t hurt, either – everyone knows black is slimming!
5. September is the Best Time To Choose Tulip Bulbs. September is “Name Your Price” month at RAL – until the end of the month, you get to set the price of Tulip’s adoption!
If you think you’d be a good match for Tulip, please call RAL at 804.379.0046 (ext. 100), or better yet, visit the shelter during adoption hours!